The Healthiest Ice Cream You’ve Ever Had – Turmeric and Coconut!
Grab a bowl and dive into this Golden Milk Turmeric Ice Cream. It’s made with cashews and pecans! The Healthiest Ice Cream EVER!
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love a bowl of ice cream. For as long as I can remember, it’s been my favorite late-night snack—and a family tradition. It could be freezing outside, but my entire family would still eat ice cream.
My affection for a bowl of creamy comfort has now taken on a new healthy twist—in the form of Turmeric Ice Cream! Rich in antioxidants and high in anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric is one of the best spices you can add to your food for an extra boost of health. And it adds a savory, unique flavor and hue.
No need for an ice cream maker
To balance the turmeric flavor, I added ginger, cinnamon, and a small dose of maple syrup (to tie all the flavors together). The best part is that there’s no churning involved, so you don’t even need an ice cream maker. The secret to making it creamy is the cashews. By adding pre-soaked, raw cashews to the coconut milk, you get an ultra-thick, creamy http://wisemindhealthybody.com/paleohacks/heavenly-coconut-lemon-bars/. And it eliminates the need for churning.
To take this turmeric ice cream up a notch, I tossed in some pecans for their buttery taste. You can omit them, but it does add an extra silky texture.
Golden Milk Turmeric Ice Cream
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- ½ of a 14-ounce can coconut cream (or ½ cup coconut milk or coconut yogurt)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 3 T raw pecans (and as many other pecans as desired for topping)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 t turmeric
- 1 t cinnamon
- ½ t ground ginger
- ¼ t cardamom
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water overnight (or until soggy—a minimum of 2 hours).
- Once the cashews are ready, layer a standard meatloaf pan with parchment paper, allowing the ends to hang over the sides. Place in the freezer while preparing the ice cream.
- Drain cashews, and add them to a blender or food processor—along with all the other ingredients.
- Process on high until pecans and cashews are broken down and everything is fully combined.
- Remove the prepared pan from the freezer, and pour the ice cream mixture into the pan.
- Place in the freezer overnight to harden. Be sure to place the pan on a flat surface, so it hardens evenly.
- The next day, remove from the freezer.
- Top with more pecans, and serve!
- If you have an ice cream maker, you can definitely use it for this recipe. It will make the ice cream even creamier and thicker.
- You can also make this recipe without the cashews and pecans, but it will be less creamy.
Learn more at WiseMindHealthyBody.com